Friday 25 February 2011

Caravan Visitor Centre

I had the idea of making an old caravan into a temporary visitor centre for the Butterfly Park.
The idea has been a long time in the planning but is coming together a bit now.

I drew out plans, made a maquette and now have a vintage caravan.





Spent this week cleaning the outside of it as it was very green and algae covered and lo and behold it is indeed white but I think I might re-paint it, unsure about that yet, maybe I'll just have decals made.

The inside will be stripped out, laminate floor laid and fitted with a plan chest (lepidoptera drawers) library shelves and a workshop table with chairs.




I originally wanted a shop in the nearby town as a visitor centre but lack of funds stopped this however there is a possibility that we can have a presence in one of the local shops to draw attention to the park.

We have arranged the open day for Sunday May 8th so there's a lot of work to be done before that.

1 comment: